A secretly healthy chocolate cake recipe so deliciously soft and moist, no one ever believes it’s completely oil free!
Easy Chocolate Cake Recipe
A healthy chocolate cake that actually tastes good?
It really is possible.
While low fat chocolate cake is so often gummy or dense, this recipe was specifically formulated to be just as rich and chocolatey as traditional chocolate cake, even without all the added fat and sugar.
Also Try These Sweet Potato Brownies – Oil Free Recipe
Above, frosted with Basic Chocolate Frosting Recipe
Before trying the recipe for the first time, I was absolutely convinced it would fail.
Chocolate baked goods almost always require a fat source in order to achieve a classic deep chocolate flavor and fudgy texture.
In fact, I was so convinced the recipe wouldn’t work that I decided not to serve it to friends.
Instead, I tried the idea out on my parents when they came to visit earlier this year.
And the verdict was… they both LOVED it!
(The cake is also great with Coconut Whipped Cream or even topped with Vegan Chocolate Mousse.)
For a chocolate peanut butter version:
Use peanut butter in the cake, instead of the extra yogurt.
Frost with the vegan cream cheese frosting recipe from my Easy Cinnamon Rolls post, and beat a half cup of peanut butter (or more as desired) into the frosting.
In the picture above, I baked mine in 6-inch pans for a smaller chocolate cake and topped it with mini chocolate chips and Homemade Peanut Butter Cups.
Instead of oil, the healthy cake relies on either peanut butter or yogurt to achieve the proper texture.
If you wish to use something else: mashed sweet potato, banana, applesauce, or canned pumpkin will also work.
My favorite version is with the nut butter (almond, sunflower, or cashew butter are fine to use instead of peanut), but the nonfat version—which is the one in the photos and also the one I served to my parents—is still surprisingly good as well.
Need Dinner Ideas? Make Lentil Soup or this Veggie Burger Recipe
Above – watch the video for how to make oil free chocolate cake
- 1 cup spelt, white, or gf all purpose flour (for low carb, try this Keto Cake Recipe)
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp dutch cocoa, or additional regular
- 1/2 tsp each: baking soda and salt
- 3/4 cup sugar, unrefined or xylitol if desired
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup yogurt, such as almondmilk yogurt
- 1/4 cup nut butter, or additional yogurt for fat-free (oil also works)
- 2 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- optional 1/2 tsp instant coffee
- optional 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease an 8-inch baking pan. (Or double the recipe for a 9×13 or double-layer cake.) If your nut butter isn't stir-able, gently heat to soften. Stir all ingredients in a bowl until just combined. Pour into the pan. Bake 25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out mostly clean. View Nutrition Facts
More Chocolate Cake Recipes
Vegan Chocolate Mug Cake
Chocolate Chip Makeout Pie
Vegan Chocolate Pie
Vegan Cheesecake Recipe
Or this Keto Cheesecake Recipe
Brownie In A Mug
Vegan Chocolate Cupcakes
Brownie Cheesecake Recipe
Vegan Chocolate Cake
Keto Chocolate Cheesecake
Vegan Carrot Cake
- Fed plans to keep interest rates near zero through 2023. What else can it do for the economy?
- استخدام ادمین اینستاگرام
- Mortgage and refinance rates today, September 22, 2020
- چطور کلمات کلیدی با سرچ بالا و رقابت پایین را پیدا کنیم؟
- اگر من را $50K یک سال چقدر خانه من می تواند استطاعت?
- پادکست چیست؟
- میکرونیدلینگ چیست و چه کاربردها، عوارض و هزینه هایی دارد؟
- چه یک تماس با ردیاب کار مستلزم?
- نحوه استفاده میکروسکوپ قوی
- راهنمایی خرید عینک طبی شنا